Hanging with my newspaper friends

I've been an associate member of the SC Press Association for more than 20 years. This membership has kept me connected to the news media community around the state through job transitions and now into retirement. I always encourage my fellow communications colleagues to join the Press Association - if for no other reason to get a copy of the their excellent membership directory!

Recently, I started contributing to the SCPA's news exchange that provides content for its member newspapers. And just last month, I found out that my article for Columbia Metro Magazine about hemp farming was recognized the Press Association with an award for business writing. 

I was pretty excited when last week's Press Association newsletter featured a short article about my connection to the organization. You can read it here (scroll down to the second story).


Comments

Most popular posts

Are you a "wordie"? Celebrate National Word Nerd Day

Flossie - A tribute to a much-loved dog

Taking a breath of gratitude