It's the first Flossie "Gotcha Day" without her

9.15.18 - At PetsInc

Today is the first “Flossie Gotcha Day” without our girl.

On September 15, 2018, I went to PetsInc as a volunteer walking dogs that had been evacuated from the coast because of Hurricane Florence. I had no plan to bring home a dog. You know what they say about plans. Here’s my post celebrating her first “Gotcha Day.”

We lost our girl on March 15 this year. Here’s the tribute I wrote shortly after that.

The absence of Flossie’s presence in our house is still deafening. Her bed still sits in our bedroom, and her dog bowls and leash remain on the laundry porch. I miss our nightly walks and trips to the lake. Every dog bark I hear in the neighborhood alerts me to worry if it’s her barking (we had a single annoyance complaint about her barking so I was hypervigilant about that 😊

So Happy Gotcha Day to our Flossie in heaven. I feel certain she’s found her doggie soul-mates with our beloved Dixie and Beaufort.













Comments

Most popular posts

Are you a "wordie"? Celebrate National Word Nerd Day

Flossie - A tribute to a much-loved dog

Taking a breath of gratitude